Organizing a fundraiser and looking for a great way to promote it? A well-designed flyer is perfect for spreading the word and enticing potential donors. But creating one from scratch can be time-consuming and challenging — especially if you don’t have design experience.
That’s where editable fundraiser flyer templates come in. With them, you (yes, you!) can fashion a professional-looking flyer in no time…and all without breaking the bank.
In this blog, you’ll find editable fundraiser flyer templates and design tips to help you create engaging, effective designs. Whether you’re planning a charity auction, a bake sale, a community event or something else, these are your ticket to surpassing fundraising goals.
Click to jump ahead:
- What is a fundraiser flyer?
- What is the purpose of a fundraiser flyer?
- 20+ customizable fundraiser flyer templates & examples
- How to make a fundraiser flyer in Venngage
- Fundraiser flyer FAQ
What is a fundraiser flyer?
Fundraiser flyers are promotional materials used to advertise upcoming fundraising events. These types of event flyers typically include graphics and/or images, along with key information such as the name, date, time, location and cause, and a call-to-action (CTA) describing how people can donate or participate.
Here’s one fundraiser flyer example to illustrate:
Fundraiser flyers may be distributed through a variety of channels. And compared to other kinds of advertisements, they tend to be easy on the wallet, since they’re usually printed on paper and circulated by hand, posted on public bulletin boards or shared digitally.
But that doesn’t mean you’re bound to succeed by making just anything! In order to reach a wide audience, the flyer’s visuals must be as eye-catching, informative and engaging as possible.
Related: What is a Flyer? Best Types of Flyers to Use for Businesses
What is the purpose of a fundraiser flyer?
Put simply, fundraiser flyers are used to promote and raise awareness about a fundraising or charity event by generating interest, encouraging community support and enticing participation. Tasteful designs can grab the attention of potential donors and provide them with essential information, encouraging people to attend the event and donate to the cause.
You can see the latter illustrated in this customizable flyer template below:
Though some might consider these marketing materials “old fashioned”, fundraiser flyers are tried and true for a reason: they’re an affordable way to reach many without blowing through your advertising budget.
Now you might be thinking: that’s great and all. But I don’t have the time, resources and know-how to whip something up myself or hire a designer…
Rest assured, there’s a solution.
With the right design platform and customizable online templates, anyone can create a compelling flyer design that’ll effortlessly attract your target audience while reflecting your event theme and message.
But before I show you how to make one in just five steps, let’s talk templates…
Related: 6 Flyer Ideas to Inspire Your Flyer Design
20+ customizable fundraiser flyer templates & examples
Ready to drum up attendance, donations and altruism? Below, you’ll find a diverse selection of premium and free flyer templates you can easily edit to suit your own needs.
Note that everything you see, from the text and the visuals to the color palette and call-to-actions (CTAs), are 100% customizable using Venngage’s Flyer Maker and intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
In other words, use these templates as your starting point, then personalize from there.
Fundraiser flyer templates (free)
Showing the silver screen for a good cause? This outdoor movie night fundraiser flyer is perfect for advertising your next event.
The bold accent colors and ticket icons are sure to capture passerby’s attention.
Design tip: Use icons to quickly convey meaning in a memorable way that conserves space.
Advertise your next charity event or gala with this fundraising flyer template. This design presents all the need-to-knows in one super digestible, single column layout.
Even if your M.O. isn’t bringing awareness to breast cancer, you can easily repurpose (read: customize) this nonprofit event flyer to inspire action and attendance.
I like how its clean, crisp layout, bold icons and sans-serif font deliver a polished effect.
Design tip: if your cause is closely associated with a certain color (i.e. breast cancer = pink), strengthen the connection in viewers’ minds by using a complementary/ monochromatic palette. Try Venngage’s FREE Accessible Color Palette Generator to generate beautiful color schemes your whole audience can enjoy.
Raising funds for green space, or hosting your event outside? This illustrative design keeps things cheerful with icons and vibrant tones.
If you’re not into the cartoon look and feel of the above fundraiser flyer, try this template on for size.
While this isn’t specifically made for fundraising events, it can be easily modified to reflect such.
Design tip: Don’t love these fundraiser-specific designs? Choose from any of our flyer templates and layouts and swap the title, body text, colors and backgrounds to personalize it. You can also adjust any page elements and add your foundation/organization logo too.
Hosting an auction? This sleek flyer has your name on it.
(Or it could. Yenno. Just takes a couple of clicks.)
For those baking with others’ benefit in mind, this flyer design has ample room to showcase your confections.
Design tip: rev up the visual interest with mouth-watering product shots placed front and center. If you don’t have your own, an appealing stock photo will do.
Same goes for this bake sale flyer. It features ombre background and bright tones that are anything but easy to miss.
Those planning a food drive will appreciate the layout of this information-packed flyer template. The contrasting color blocks add emphasis to get those donation suggestions across.
Design tip: if your flyer is text-heavy by nature, a multi column or hybrid (mixed) layout can help make sure your content doesn’t overwhelm.
(Warning: excessive alliteration ahead)
Another fall-forward design, I love the fun aesthetic this fundraising flyer offers.
Use this template to draw attention to any outdoor event — canucks need not apply.
Design tip: enforce a clear visual hierarchy, or flow, through your design by funneling attention to what’s most important via color, alignment and spacing.
Take pride in your fundraising efforts with this template. It’s easy to swap out the text content to make any kind of charitable running event stand out, thanks to this design’s expert use of white space.
Design tip: use a striking image for your flyer background to effortlessly capture attention and interest — just make sure there’s enough breathing room to highlight your text.
Fundraiser flyer templates (premium)
My personal favorite of the bunch. This single column layout is as easy to read as can be.
Perfect for handbills, this flyer template is styled like an annual report for a polished and professional finish.
Design tip: reduce the noise in your design with a tinted overlay; drop an image’s opacity a smidge and put a colored shape behind.
The next three flyers are designed with women’s cancers in mind. If you like bold colors and contrasts, the template above is probably for you.
Alternatively, who doesn’t love some tasteful geometrics?
Design tip: create a makeshift drop shadow effect like the one above by duplicating shapes and adjusting the opacity of one.
Or, go minimalist with a pared-down approach.
The above flyer template is a good choice if you’re hosting a fundraising activity or game. Clearly defined sections and eye-catching icons make it a breeze to understand what to do.
Design tip: choose icons with matching styles to create cohesion and consistency within your design.
And if you’re hungry for one last example…
…you’re in for a sweet treat.
How to make a fundraiser flyer in Venngage
Feeling ready to create a fabulous event flyer for your next fundraising initiative?
Remember: you don’t need previous design experience or knowledge to put together an eye-catching advertisement. Venngage’s professionally-designed flyer templates and intuitive Flyer Maker are all you need to make an effective, budget-friendly promotion in minutes.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to create your own flyer:
- Sign up for a free Venngage account.
- Choose a fundraising flyer template. Use any of the templates featured above, or check out hundreds of editable designs you can 100% customize to suit your needs.
- Swap in your desired fundraiser flyer copy, images, icons and colors. It’s time to make it your own! For graphic content, select from our library of free and premium images or upload your own photos from a file. And feel free to take advantage of our diverse library of icons too!
- Proofread your fundraiser flyer. All finished with editing? Ensure your design is flawless by checking everything over for mistakes.
- Share, download and print. You can share the link publicly for free, or upgrade to a paid plan to download and print your custom flyer template. For print distribution, download your flyer in PNG HD to ensure the best possible quality. You can also add bleed marks to your design by selecting the option under ‘Settings’.
Note that by upgrading to a Business Plan, you’ll get access to premium templates and features — like real-time Team Collaboration, and automated branding with My Brand Kit.
Fundraiser flyers FAQ
What to say on a fundraiser flyer?
When creating a fundraiser flyer, there are a few key things you should include in the copy. First, start with a catchy headline that immediately captures the reader’s attention and clearly states the purpose of the fundraiser. Follow up with a brief description of the cause or organization the fundraiser supports, explaining why it’s important and/or why the reader should care.
Next, provide details about the event, including the date, time, location and any activities or entertainment featured. Be sure to explain how people can participate — e.g. purchasing tickets, making a donation or volunteering.
Finally, you might want to try to highlight the impact the fundraiser will have on the cause or organization being supported. A clear and persuasive call-to-action should also be included to drive your message home.
How do you make a good flyer for an event?
Making a good flyer for an event involves several steps. Here are some tips to consider:
- Determine the purpose of the flyer: Before creating the flyer, it’s important to determine the event’s purpose and the message you want to convey. This will help you to create a design that accurately represents the event.
- Choose a design software or template: Use a template and design software that suits your needs and skill level, and consider the type of event, audience, and theme before choosing a design.
- Use high-quality images and graphics: Use high-resolution images and graphics that are relevant to the event, and high-contrast colors that will make the design stand out and catch the attention of the audience.
- Keep the design simple and easy to read: Avoid cluttering the flyer with too much information or design elements. Keep it simple and easy to read, using headings, bullet points and bold fonts to highlight key information as needed.
- Provide essential information: Include the name of the event, date, time, venue, and any other important details. You may want to provide information about ticket prices, where to purchase tickets and any other relevant information.
- Add a call to action: Include a call to action, such as “Buy Tickets Now,” “RSVP Today,” or “Register Here.” This will encourage people to take action and attend the event.
- Proofread and finalize: Before printing or sharing the flyer, make sure to proofread the content, check for errors and finalize the design. Get feedback from others to ensure that the flyer is effective and clear.
Remember that a good flyer should be eye-catching, informative, and easy to read. By following these tips, you can create a flyer that will promote your event and attract attendees.
Creating a big impact is easy with fundraiser flyers
No matter how worthy your cause is, your fundraiser’s success involves making smart marketing decisions — and a well-designed flyer is an essential part of that strategy.
Luckily, you don’t need to be an expert to come across as a design boss. The right flyer template will help you grab people’s attention effortlessly, encouraging them to attend without costing any of the time, money and effort better spent on your cause. Start creating the perfect fundraiser flyer instantly with Venngage’s Flyer Maker, and get ready to make a difference.