At Venngage, infographics, statistics, and data visualization are kind of our thing. We’ve written infographic guides and created hundreds of infographic templates that anyone can edit with just a few clicks.
We know how impactful, engaging, and interesting infographics can be–especially in our fast-paced and increasingly visual world.
In fact, infographics are about 30x more likely to be read than a full article.
We also know they also can be used in almost any industry, from marketers to real estate agents and even HR professionals. With an infographic you can easily summarize a blog post, create an helpful fact sheet for your employees or break down a complicated process that someone can consume in a matter of seconds.
But it doesn’t matter that we know all of this information, if no one else does.
That’s why we decided to round up 20+ of the best infographic statistics and visual content facts.
So if you need to convince yourself or your boss to start creating more infographics, you’re in the right place.
Let’s get into it!
Visual content has never been more important as we fight for the attention of our users and followers. Infographics are extremely useful content for brands who want to stand out in 2020.
Plus, as you will see below in the various infographic statistics, they are extremely popular with marketers and creators.
1.. 65% of brands use infographics in their content marketing efforts (Source)
2. 65% of B2B marketers use infographics in their marketing (Source)
3. 59% of B2C marketers use infographics in their marketing (Source)
4. Only 49% of marketers actually create their own infographics or visual content (Source)
6. Infographics can help boost the traffic to your site by up to 12% (Source)
For example, a big reasons our graphic design trends article gets so many mentions, views, and links is because we take the time to create a unique infographic each year:
7. Articles with infographics got 178% more links than standard articles (Source)
8. Articles featuring infographics received 72% more views than normal articles (Source)
10. Infographics are 30x more likely to be read from top to bottom than blog posts or articles (Source)
Let’s be honest, would you rather read a 2000 word article, or quickly read this infographic about presentations tips and get about the same amount of information.
Visual Content Statistics
Next, let’s take a look at some visual content statistics. Visual content is an umbrella term that encompasses social media graphics, infographics, and basically all types of visuals you might use in your digital marketing.
In fact, all of the graphics in this article featuring infographic statistics are visual content. I guess they could be considered tiny infographics as well.
Need some help creating some visual content? Check out our various templates here!
11. Almost 50% of marketers say that original visual content performs best on desktop and mobile (Source)
13. 35% of marketers say that producing consistent content is their biggest struggle when it comes to visual content (Source)
14. 40% of marketers say that original graphics such as infographics and illustrations engage their audiences the best (Source)
15. 56% of marketers say that they use a visual or infographic in almost every piece of published content (Source)
17. Social media shares featuring visual content lead to 94% more views (Source)
18. 37% of marketers spend 2-5 hours per week creating unique visual content (Source)
20. 69% of marketers say that their unique branded content is more effective than PR efforts (Source)
Hopefully some of these infographic statistics will help you create more visual content in 2020 and beyond.
As you can clearly see, infographics and visual content can be used by almost everyone to engage their audience.
Plus, it’s truly never been easier to create an infographic with some of our professionally designed templates. So get out there and create an infographic, or five, that will help you stand out from the crowd this year.
If you want to learn how to make an infographic I would recommend starting here:
Now if you are in search of some more stats and data, check out this article: